PICO-05 Picosecond laser for micromachining
PICO-05 from Photonics Laboratories is a picosecond laser built up on an innovative optical scheme where the seed oscillator is repaced with a sole microchip crystal. The idea results in simplified layout, higher reliability and greatly reduced price. Pulse width is around 100 ps, pulse repetition rate is up to 200 kHz, output power achieves 5 W at 1064 nm and 200 kHz.
PICO-05 is a forcibly cooled device. Cooling unit is a water chiller, to be purchased separately.
Power supply unit is 19’’ rack mounted (3U height) and can be driven either via RS-485 machine interface or with 7” graphical display and touch panel.
The laser has an circular beam profile M2 < 1,2.
- Unbeatable cost effectiveness (based on innovative design)
- Rugged aligment-free design
- 2 years warranty
- Easy intergration with customer’s system
- 2D and 3D micro-machining incl. sapphire, ceramics etc
- Hole and micro-hole drilling
- Micro-marking, marking of resistant or transparent materials
- Precise fiber cutting
|Description||Sub-nanosecond DPSS Nd:YAG laser|
|Optical schema||Microchip oscillator + amplifier|
|Pulse width||100 ps|
|Pulse energy||Up to 25 uJ @ 200 kHz|
|Pulse repetition rate||Up to 200 kHz|
|Output power||5 W @ 200 kHz|
|Output beam diameter (from laser head)||Approx. 1 mm|
|Beam quality (M2)||< 1.2|
|Laser head||Dimensions 770 mm x 190 mm x100 mm
Weight 12 kg
|Power supply unit||19” rack mounted, 3U height, depth 350 mm
Weight 8 kg
|Cooling||External chiller (18 °C, 200 W capacity)|
|Interfaces||Remote control user interface
RS-485 machine interface
- SHG, THG units, optionally with switchable wavelengths
- Beam shapers, scan heads, Z-axis
- Machine vision sub-system (e.g. with confocal lens)
- Process development service as well as custom made process heads are available on request-